Liferay is a modern platform for building up enterprise portals
Liferay is a portal created to build up corporate business solutions. At the moment it is a leading software among the open source software. Liferay incorporates content management system, documents, multimedia files and collaboration management (calendar, wiki, forums, blog, messenger). The portal gives you wide opportunities for flexible set up according to the individual needs of your company.
Liferay portal has the same functionalities as many commercial information portals, but the main difference is that it does not require purchasing expensive licences.Liferay is considered to be an Open Source Code Software, but the customer has an opportunity to buy technical support that makes this product attractive for a wide number of users and optimizes the cost of ownership.
Facts about Liferay portal:
- Proved portal high effectiveness (according to the survey of the companies, included in the Fortune 500 list);
- Powerful community with almost 3 mln downloads and 250 000 implementations around the world;
- High capacity, capable to support more than 3 300 users working at the same time on the same server;
- Liferay users — Cisco, Fox Channel, Lufthansa, World Vision, Allianz insurance, Vodafone and many other leading world companies;
- Citeck company website is also based on Liferay portal.
Liferay is an open-source enterprise portal written on Java. Liferay supports different databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.
One of the advantages of this portal is the integration with all the other business applications represented by our company: Adempiere ERP/CRM, Alfresco ECM, Intalio BPMS, Pentaho BI and Oracle BI SE1. Thanks to such integration capabilities there is a way to create a unique user space with a wide range of software, that makes the work more transparent. It also simplifies user training.