Business Process Management System Intalio BPMS consist of a set of open-source components that are developed and on-going managed by Intalio specialists and representatives of other companies. These components are integrated with each other in a way to be a whole system solution.
More details about each components:
- Intalio Designer is built on top of the popular Eclipse platform. Intalio|BPMS Designer has a very modular architecture, with each module packaged as a separate Eclipse plugin. It allows modelling a process, creating data objects, integrating it with other systems, developing ajax-user interfaces, building up reports. BPMS Designer it is capable of translating any BPMN diagram into fully-executable BPEL 2.0 processes that is performed on Intalio Server platform.
- Intalio Server – Intalio|BPMS Server is a core of the BPMS. It is responsible for the performance of business processes. The server is based on the J2EE architecture and certified for a wide range of hardware platforms, operating systems, application servers, and database servers. Intalio|BPMS Server is architected around the Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Oracle Weblogic, IBM Webshere that consists of the components below:
- Apache ODE BPEL engine – open source BPEL 2.0 engine (Business Process Execution Language)
- Tempo WS-Human Task service – a component responsible for web-interface management.
- Intalio UI-FW – web-interface component for the users to start up the process and tasks
- Intalio BPMS-console – an administrative management console of the server. Allows managing different versions of the processes, tracking and manipulating the state of the processes examples.
- It has two in-built user forms editors: — XForms and Tibco General Interface, as well as allows using its own form manager (e.g, on the basis of the portal used by the company)
- Additional components that can be used in case of necessity: Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) server, Business Rules Engine (BRE), LDAP server, Portal, Document Flow
- Databases — Intalio Server is compatible with different commercial and open-source databases, such as Apache Derby, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle.
High Performance of Intalio Server
- Largest number of individual process activities modeled: 250,000
- Largest number of process models deployed: 100,000
- Largest number of concurrently running process instances: 250,000,000
- Largest number of individual end-users per day: 100,000
- Largest number of servers in clustered deployment: 1,000
- Largest number of in-memory transactions per day and per CPU: 14,300,000
- Largest number of persistent transactions per day and per CPU: 3,600,000
- Roundtrip call to a WSDL web service from a BPEL process: 14 milliseconds