Alfresco ECM functionality
Enterprise Content and Document Management System Alfresco is the leader on the open source software market among other similar solutions. The system has a user-friendly WEB-interface allowing to get access to the shared documents from anywhere via a secure connection.
Alfresco combines price and availability of the open source software (free software) with the possibility of buying the support of high level, which is an important factor when selecting enterprise software.
The key modules of the system allow to automate the following processes:
1. Document flow
Alfresco enables to arrange electronic document management including uploading and storage of an unlimited number of files and documents (via the WEB INTERFACE, WebDav, CIFS), monitoring the access and a full version control, storage of documents cards and their categorizing, full-text search and the organization of business processes for operation with documents (for example, contract approval).
The system has a modern Web-interface for organization of collaboration. All data are loaded in the main repository, and is also accessible through standard interfaces. Alfresco enables you to create virtual site with the possibility to separate access rights, which is very convenient for organization of project activity. Main functions: shared documents, calendar, bookmarks, and forums.
3. Knowledge database
The system provides the possibility of creating a knowledge database on the basis of the Wiki module and the module for electronic diaries (Blogs). There is no need to know wiki markup, one can create pages by using convenient Web-interface.
Learn more Document Management:
- Archive of the company’s documents;
- Full-text search on the downloaded documents, including MS Word, Excel, PDF, etc.;
- Storing files of any formats, including audio and video;
- Version control of documents and the history of changes;
- Documents preview through the WEB interface via a secure connection over the Internet
- Work with documents via network drive, directly from MS Office programs, through the mail client interface, via WEB-interface;
- Documents classification;
- Delimitation of rights of access to documents;
- Support hierarchical structures archive;
- Business rules maintenance, for example, automatic archiving the expired contract into the «Archive» folder.
Types of documents
- Possibility to create different types of documents with different fields in the document properties;
- Managing directories (create, modify, delete records);
- An advanced search on the fields of the document metadata;
- Creating and printing reports based on the uploaded documents..
- Сreating and launching documents workflow such as approval (coordination process), control and monitoring tasks and other activities execution;
- Notification messages about tasks execution sent via SMS, e-mail.
- Viewing of history of execution of business processes, for example, document approval history;
- Registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Creating the organizational structure of the company;
- Work with shared folders and documents within the company as a whole and within departments;
- Distribution and access control;
- Integration with LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory.